How Do I Set Up A Promotion?
You've decided to promote your Amazon product on Jump Send. Excellent! Let's get you set up...
The first step in the process is to create a Jump Send seller account.
- So, to sign up as a seller, go to the Jump Send website and click on the green 'Seller' button on the left-hand side of that window.
- In the new page that opens, enter your first and last name, your email address and an eight-character password. Then, click on the blue 'Sign Up' button at the bottom of the page. And, so you know, our trial is three days long, to enable you to get a feel for the site.
- As soon as you click the blue 'Sign Up' button, a small payment window should appear. Enter your credit card number, the expiration date and CVC number (the three digits on the back of your card, use for security). Then click on the blue 'Start Free Trial' button.
- If your credit card has been accepted, then a green check mark should appear at the bottom of that payment window and you will be directed to the Welcome page of your account. Here, you'll be asked to set up either your first email campaign or your first promotion. Since you're looking to promote your product, click on the blue 'Start with a Product Promotion' button on the right-hand side of the page.
- On your Jump Send dashboard (your homepage; the page that first appears after you click that blue 'Start with a Product Promotion' button), you should see a blue 'Add New Promotion' button at the top right-hand side of the page, under 'My Account'. Click that button.
- Now you're ready to add the ASIN of the product you wish to promote into the 'Add Product' page. First, enter the ASIN into the 'Product ASIN' field, and then click on the blue 'ASIN search' button directly to the left of where you entered your ASIN. If the ASIN is available for promotion, the fields of product image, title and description will populate automatically. The remaining fields will have to be filled out manually.
- So, going down the page, choose your product category, the regular and discounted price of the item (it must be at least 20% off the regular price), the shipment method, and the email address you wish customers to use in case they need to contact you.
When you're done, please click on the blue ' Next' button in the bottom right-hand corner of the page:
- Next, and probably the most important step in this process, is deciding whether or not you want to use the Inventory Protection feature for your promotion. If you decide not to use the feature, then you need to click on the 'Do not use the Inventory Protection feature' button.
- If you do decide to continue on with your promotion, without using the Protection Inventory feature, then you will have to check the box at the bottom of the page, stating you understand that Jump Send is not liable for lost inventory, after you enter the start and end date of your promotion. Without checking that box, you will not be able to continue.
- However, we highly recommend protecting your inventory. If you choose the Inventory Protection option, then you will have to enter the API keys that come with your Amazon Pro Seller account. To do that, please click on the blue 'Enter API Keys' button and then follow the prompts in the new window that opens:
- Once that's done, you'll be brought back to Step 2 of the promotion set-up process and you'll have to add the start and end date of your promotion. When those are entered, please click on the blue 'Next' button in the bottom right-hand corner of the page:
- Now that you've entered your start and end dates for your promotion, it's time to create the single-use promo codes for your listing. Step 3 of setting up your promotion includes a video explaining how to get those codes and it is extremely important to watch that video (so important, we've also added it here). You want to make sure you create them correctly...so feel free to watch it twice! :)
- After you've watched the video and have created your coupon codes, please enter them into the 'List of Single-Use Coupon Codes' field, below the video. Then, click on the blue 'Next' button in the bottom right hand corner of the page:
- Step 4, choose between manually approving requests to purchase your product one at a time, and having the system approve the requests automatically.
- If you want to approve requests manually, simply click on the 'Manually Approve Shoppers' button and then click on the blue 'Next' button in the bottom right-hand corner of the page:
- Or, if you want to have your requests approved automatically, please click on the 'Automatically Approve Shoppers' button. That will cause the window to expand, and you'll be required to enter the upper limit of requests you want to be approved.
- To set the limit, click on the down arrow in the '0' field and then click on the maximum number of shoppers you want to be approved by the system. You can choose a minimum of one approval, and a maximum of 99.
- Once you've set your approval limit, please click on the blue 'Next' button in the bottom right-hand corner of the page:
- Now you're at the final step of the set-up process! Step 5 allows you to preview your listing, from an overview of your promotion, to whether or not you choose Inventory Protection (max order quantity), to how many codes you added, the end date of your listing and whether you choose manual or automatic approvals.
- If you're happy with your promotion, you can either click to blue 'Save as Draft' button to publish at a later date or the green 'Publish' button if you want to activate your promotion immediately.
And you're done! Here's to a successful promotion, with lots and lots of requests. :)
** Please note, at any step of the promotion set-up process, you can save your draft. Just click on the blue 'Save as Draft' button, directly to the left of either the blue 'Next' button or the green 'Publish' button.